BSI were looking to partner with a Leadership Development Specialist to lead in the creation of the BSI Strategic Leader programme. BSI completed thorough diagnostics across their business and chose Pti as their partner of choice, supporting them in the design and build of the BSI Strategic Leader programme, building the ROI/ROE proposition and attending/co-facilitating all project meetings.
The tailored solution HAD to be aligned to the following BSI strategic priorities:
- Development Plans
- BSI Values
- BSI Excellence Behaviours Framework
- BSI Leadership Behaviours Methodology
- Group People Development Strategy
- Global Strategic Priorities
- Regional, Sector & Stream Strategic Priorities.
Having built the tailored solution to support & align with the above strategic priorities, Pti, had two clear objectives:
- Ensuring the capability of the Group People Development Team to facilitate the BSI Strategic Leader programme
- Ensuring the capability of a ‘Master Trainer’ to deliver train the trainer programmes to the global HR teams
In alignment with the existing ‘Leadership Development’ programmes (Leadership Challenge / FoMs / Line Managers Essentials) there was an additional requirement to develop a mid-level Leadership Development programme aimed at Country Managers, Heads of Departments and Business Managers – a population of 428 Leaders across the globe.
The BSI Strategic Leader Programme need to address the common gaps already identified by the Group People Development team:
- Self awareness
- People engagement
- Building a high performing team
- Business technical skills
Project Launch, Diagnostics and Programme Build
Working with a selected group of business leaders and subject matter experts the Pti Team co-facilitated project meetings, initially carrying out a deep dive diagnostics of the existing business and available data sources. It was essential the team developed a programme aligned to the strategic priorities and skills gaps that had been identified. This partnership approach ensured that the Leading for Success programme was seen as a business owned programme.
Delivery of Train the Trainer Programme
Following an assessment centre, internal Consultant Trainers were selected to attend an intensive 5 day Train the Trainer programme to gain full accreditation and licence to deliver the Leading for Success programme globally.
Co-delivery of the BSI Strategic Leader Pilot Programme
The Pilot programme had a number of principle aims:
- Test the material was fit for purpose
- Co-facilitate with the internal BSI Consultant Trainers which formed part of their Train the Trainer final sign-off stage
- Building business Impact and a case study for why the Leading for Success programme was not just a nice to have but a MUST have!
One of the critical success factors of the Leading for Success programme was the design and implementation of a work based project which all delegates were asked to complete as a mandatory element in successfully completing the programme.
The work based project had to demonstrate…
- An increase in revenue line (profitability),
- A reduction in cost base, or
- A productivity / efficiency gain
The pilot programme accommodated 12 delegates joining from across the globe. The projected value of their work based projects, an essential component of their Leading for Success journey demonstrated a projected value of over £2m by end 2016. A significant contribution to business performance.