DHL Supply Chain required a market leading and innovative leadership intervention for their largest leadership population – the First Level Managers.
With over 5,000 First Level Managers in the UK alone, the focus was to equip these Managers with the leadership and management skills to lead their teams in a fast-paced and dynamic business – where speed and accuracy are paramount!
First Choice Leader (FCL) was born – a CILT accredited Leadership development programme consisting of ‘The Inspirational Leader’ programme modules, and delivered through a blended learning solution including:
- Five core Leadership essential modules each delivered through eDistance and internal trainers. Created in partnership with Pti, these modules cover; ‘Understanding My Business’, ‘Performance Management’, ‘Discipline & Grievance’, ‘Diversity’ and ‘Leadership in Health & Safety’.
- 2 x 2 day residentials covering the three parts of ‘The Inspirational Leader’: ‘I Lead Myself’, ‘I Lead the Business’ and ‘I Lead Others’
- With pre and post work between the residentials and a work-based project, FCL is a ‘hands on’ and practical Leadership programme delivering tangible results for the business
- 2009: £1,178,479 worth of projected ef ciency savings in 12 months – ROI 615%
- 2010: £4,762,142 worth of projected ef ciency savings in 12 months – ROI 2488%
- 2011: £3,592,045 worth of projected ef ciency savings in 12 months – ROI 876%
- 2012: £2,097,398 worth of projected ef ciency savings in 12 months – ROI 1296%
Based on pre-work, trainer quality, content and venue, the average delegate feedback rating from the 2012 programme was an excellent 5.2 out of 6 (87%).
“Every Leader should take this course to improve our business.”